Friday, December 24, 2010

My subconscious is so subtle -- not!

I dreamed I was working in this vast warehouse, and the employees were throwing Christmas bulbs at each other, seeing how far we could throw them and try to catch them without breaking. The bulbs are exploding all over the place and we're having a grand time.

I see a little kid -- about five or six -- watching from the sidelines, and I gently underhand throw a small bulb at him.

It EXPLODES -- shattering water and glass all over the kid, who's now transformed into a little baby. He's completely drenched in water and crying loudly but otherwise unharmed.

It's the bosses baby. So now I'm afraid I'm going to be fired.

Scene Change.

We're in the foreman's office above the factory for the Christmas party. I go into the next room where there is a toilet, and when I flush it, it overflows and overflows, and fills the floor and the mattress on the floor and I'm thinking: "Do I say anything?"

Just then, we're called down to the floor of the factory. While we've been upstairs the factory has been completely emptied, except for some tables where the workers line up to get their LAST paycheck...


Thus concludes three nights of absolutely horrid dreams. All Christmas stress related.

And yet at the store, business has been much better than I expected. It's like the dreams are the exact opposite of what's actually happening.

I say this every year -- I can't wait for Christmas season to get here, and then -- I can't wait for it to be over....

No comments: