Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Bursting at the seams...

Made my last strictly Christmas order today.

A game order to stock up on the big games, Settlers of Catan, Ticket to Ride, and Carcassonne, hopefully so I don't run out.

I'm leaving open the possibility of one more game, one more book, and one more comic order within the next week or so -- if business just booms, or if we get too many spot shortages of the best-sellers.

By holding off until now, I've still got some money to spend, and can justify spending much of January budget (since I won't be ordering much during the 'doing inventory' period. There is still a 50/50 chance I'll break-even this year, which considering that I've been pulling money out for the last three months for my retirement fund, means I will have actually turned a profit.
(A profit not counting my basic take-home pay....)

I sure wish it didn't come down to the last 10 days. Makes me nervous, like all our eggs are in one basket. Still, we're probably doing slightly better than I expected. Then again, I expected very very little.

I am extremely well stocked, I'll say that.

1 comment:

Leitmotiv said...

Our pizza store has been pretty slow the past week. I suspect people are eating out less to save fore christmas shopping.