Monday, December 29, 2008

Waiting for my shipments.

Didn't get my comics at all last week. They should have arrived on Wednesday, then Friday.

Hopefully today.

Then not again until Friday, assuming the weather doesn't snatch them again.

So both days I'll be doing the putting away, myself. Which I suppose I'll need to get used to next week without Pat, anyway.

I'm expecting a VERY slow January and February. In fact, I'm expecting to get about as low as it will get. And yet, I'm predicting at least a two year slowdown, so how can that be?

I think these first two months will be like that first extreme dip in a roller coaster ride. It may be the most extreme drop in the entire ride -- but it isn't the end of the ride by any means. I think the rolling average will continue to drop all through next year, and then bump along the bottom for a couple of years.

But the January and February totals will be like a splash of cold water over anyone who thinks things are going to turn around quickly.

Or not....You know, I could be wrong. If I'm wrong, GREAT! It takes me ten minutes to get on the phone and order more stuff.

2 comments:

Lil Ole Me said...

Your take on http://www.nytimes.com/2008/12/28/weekinreview/28streitfeld.html?em

?? Or more accurately, your wife's take. :)

Duncan McGeary said...

That's a big subject.

I think I'll tackle that with it's own entry...