Just had a gentleman come into the store, with a grim look on his face.
"You've got a dangerous situation in front of your store!" he said. "I just saw a dog peeing on the Christmas lights wrapped around your tree and he got an electric shock!"
Every once in a while, I get a guy in off the street who immediately launches into some story, and I thought this was a joke.
"Good!" I exclaimed.
He looks at me like I'm scum.
"What if a young kid gets shocked?"
Hmmmm. I see he's not joking, but now I can't resist.
"Even better!" I say, looking at him askance.
After he left, customer Aaron suggested I should put up a sign.
"Dear Dogs, (and kids),
Do not piss on this tree or you will be electrocuted. (All legal ramifications now null and void.)"
20 hours ago