Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Heavenly Downtown.

I always joke that I promised Panga, my cat, that some day I would get her a better place to hang out.

And, by golly, I delivered, going from a pillow on the rack next to the register, to her own spot on a desk in the backroom. I had to take that away from her for display space, but she's found a private spot behind one of the bookshelves.

Ten years ago, when I was....lets just say, younger...Pegasus carried only comics and cards. Now...the works...books, games, toys, etc. etc.

Boy, I must be really successful.

I decided to pamper myself. Downstairs in the basement, I have a convertible chair my Dad built, that can be spread out to create a kind of cot. If I ever get kicked out the house, I'll have a place to sleep.

It's all so delicious.

It's so comforting, after working all day in my store, to go down those stairs and hang out. Looking at the bare rock walls. (Real rock!) I get radio reception down there, and I'm thinking maybe I could hook up a micro wave.

All the comforts of home.

And, of course, I'll always have books and comics and toys to decorate the place. I need to move around some of the storage boxes, but I'm sure I'd be the envy of every geek and nerd out there.

Ah, the good life.

Aren't I just so darned special?

8 comments:

Duncan McGeary said...

If you don't read the Bulletin, this post won't make any sense.

Noticed that Casa decor is going out of business. Furniture stores are in for a rough time, I suspect.

Quimby said...

Yes, this was probably an "inside job" done by a friend of Keith's who is a bulletin reporter (this week).

Never turn down free advertising, right Dunc? Except when your article came out, you didn't look like a gloating prick.

That Keith has got some nerve in this economic paradigm.

RDC said...

If you can make a living doing something you enjoy and have a passion about then you are successful and rich in the way that really matters.

Duncan McGeary said...

I think we're going to find out how many businesses downtown have been living within their means, paying as they go, not sinking too much equity and debt into their storefronts, making enough money from actual customers to pay for the store and the inventory and living a....modest. and affordable....lifestyle.

Keeneye said...

(busting
up
laughing)

Panga's really living it up, eh?

Snobby cat.

Jason said...

Ugh. It's all good and well to live comfortably, but past a certain point it's just an obnoxious display of wastefulness. "Ooh, look at me! See how special I must be!" Disgusting ... or maybe just a bit sad. I can't even make up my mind anymore.

"If you don't read the Bulletin, this post won't make any sense."

Very true, so I took the liberty of digging up the online version. If someone didn't see the article, they can find it right here:
Divine Downtown

As an aside, our little fat cat, Cookie, has discovered the top of my bookshelf recently. When I'm on the computer, the top shelf is just about eye-level with me. She likes to get up there and swat at my head until I pay more attention to her. When she's had enough, she'll grab my arm and go to sleep. Ariel's going to make her a cushion.

Duncan McGeary said...

By the way Jason, you still have a paycheck at Linda's....

Jason said...

Oh yeah! It completely slipped my mind. I guess I'd better get down there.