Thursday, June 26, 2008

You will be assimilated.

I'm going to do 1000.00 business today.

There.

I've decided. It's time for a good day.

I press my elongated fingers to my bulbous forehead. Mind waves are zapping outward, like lightning. All over Bend people are getting a strange, sudden, irresistible urge to.....Buy a Comic!

Strange, I hear them thinking. I haven't bought a comic in years.

But I wouldn't mind getting a book. I know! I think I'll check out Pegasus. I hear he's starting to carry books. Or maybe a nice game I can play with my family. A toy. My kid has been good this week, and he deserves a toy. My husband? He's always loved Conan: I hear Pegasus has a great statue for 350.00. That's not really so much, is it?

Somewhere in Florida, a butterfly has dropped dead to the sidewalk from the force of my mind waves, sending a ripple out, causing rainstorms in the midwest, causing Uncle Louis to sit in his living room and watch a baseball game. He gets an urge to call his nephew in Oregon, reminding him how much they used to love collecting sports cards together.

As I set on my perch behind my console....err, desk....my reality bending waves are causing casual shoppers in downtown Bend to suddenly angle toward Pegasus. Let's try this street, let's see what's over there!

See you soon!

4 comments:

Quimby said...

A wonderful post Dunc.

Who would have thunk you had Conan O'Brien statues.......

dkgoodman said...

Must... buy... book.

LOL

While you're at it, could you have someone buy me a new car? :)

Keeneye said...

I think you've taken "The Secret" a bit too far, Dunc...

um, while I have you here, do you happen to have any pre 50's Supergirl comics? I feel a sudden urge to start my collection...

;^)

H. Bruce Miller said...

If it works, maybe you could hire your services out to realtors.

California ... too hot ... too crowded ... must buy ... house ... in Bend ...