Sunday, June 15, 2008

Full of the Blarney.

I've blogged -- at least once -- every day since I started. I know, because I've been keeping track. A few times on trips, I've had to scramble to get it done. But after six months or so, it became a point of pride.

(I brought this up with Jon, of Chuggnut, and he seemed doubtful that I'd blogged everyday. But I have.)

Which shows, I think, that I'm full of the blarney. And that I'm stubborn.

Both characteristics that I exhibit in my business, as well.

I just don't find it hard to come up with something to talk about. I've been thinking like a writer since I wrote my novels back in the late 70's. I see things in storylines and short, punchy observations.

Not real life at all.

But, we infuse narratives into our lives, whether we're aware of them or not. Whether they are 'true' or not. It's how we make sense of things.

I usually have to resist writing down everything that happens to me. Much of it is just too mundane, inane and banal. But even then, I'm trying to make sense of things.

This blog has always been pretty much a business journal and a personal diary. I've been thankful if I've had readers, but I'm never sure if anyone is reading this or not.

Doesn't matter.

I'm full of the blarney.

And I'm stubborn.

No comments: