Monday, June 2, 2008

Bookstore visits

I aways announce that "We own a used bookstore in Bend," when we visit other stores. I always swear when I walk out again, that I'll never say it again. The people seemed threatened by that information.

Interestingly, several of the bookstores -- the one in McMinnville and one in Lincoln City had heard about the Bood Barn closing; so apparenty, that has gotten play in the book trade. One store we visited in Lincold City was bemoaning the loss of two used bookstores -- out of six -- which was refreshing. Most of the time, I hesitate to ask if there are other used bookstore around.

Still, it's impressive that there are four in this little short part of the highway. Lots of antique (junk) stores on ever block, and gift (junk) stores on every block. The Pirate motief, which I don't remember much of 20 years ago, in now very common.

I enjoy visiting all these stores. They get me charged up about doing better.

No comments: