Monday, April 2, 2012

GOT -- my family.

Somewhat to my surprise, much of my family showed up last night to watch GAME OF THRONES with us.

My 14 year old nephew, Nick, knew every character and every family, and my brother-in-law hadn't ever read or watched it, and my brother and sisters had all read some or all the books. My big screen T.V. got the workout I always imagined.

You start to realize just how complicated that world is, and what an amazing job they are doing distilling it down to the essence.

I still haven't read DANCES WITH DRAGONS because I'm annoyed by how long it is taking Martin to finish. FEAST FOR CROWS was a bit of letdown to me, especially since it was five or six years.

I must have read the first book 15 years ago, and while it's a very memorable story, there's been a lot of books read since.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Season 2 premier was excellent. Martin actually benefits from some distillation.

Jim

H. Bruce Miller said...

"I still haven't read DANCES WITH DRAGONS because I'm annoyed by how long it is taking Martin to finish."

I don't think he's ever going to finish. He's got a good thing goin.