Monday, January 24, 2011

A writing spouse.

Linda has been writing up a storm over the last few days.

I'm trying not to bug her, which is hard, you know. I always have comments to make, but I don't want to break her fictional dreamstate.

She often dreams names of characters, which are so evocative to her that they invite story. She also usually dreams up a scenario to start out --

Her writing is usually a cue for me to start writing fiction too, but I've decided not to do that this time. It's not that we become competitive, but the focus gets diluted, and I think it's her turn to have the full attention.

I'm not sure if she's going to read at writer's group tomorrow (7:00 PM at the Bookmark): I think I'd almost advise her not to. I don't think she need anything but encouragement to keep writing.

I'm going to listen whenever she wants to read, but not offer comment. I think that's the best way to keep her going....

I'm trying to be more thoughtful this time around; more supportive. She deserves it.

No comments: