Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Twitter blog.

I told the publisher of Duncan the Wonderdog that it was a lousy title.

He said he'd change it to -- McGeary the Wonderdog.

**********

Dick Cheney needs a heart.

For God's Sake give him a heart!

**********

Aspen Lakes files for Chapter 11.

Always funny how they try to make this sound like a GOOD thing...

**********

Got my comics on the shelves in only 40 minutes last night. But I still didn't get home until an hour later. I was able to prepare throughout the day, probably cutting full hour of labor.

But still, I hate staying past regular hours.

Dare I wait until Wednesday morning? I'd still be done by noon, shaving a couple hours off the usual time....

**********

Snow?

Snow was definitely NOT in the forecast.

**********

Panga came in from her morning Vole-patrol.

She let me know with some full-throated meows she wasn't happy with the white stuff.

**********

So far, with the new changes in shipping, I'm getting regular reorders at least a week later.

But I'm also not getting billed for direct shipping until a week later. I'll take that trade.
Especially since I appear to have finally paid off my useless Point of Sale system which was costing my 42.00 every week. That's almost enough to pay for the direct shipping.

**********

Unexpected bonus from the early shipping.

Tuesdays had gotten pretty boring. Now I can process this week's shipment, as well as make direct ship orders for Thurday and Friday. Makes for a fuller week.

**********

It's been a year or two since I settled on the current product mix.

I've got enough experience under my belt with both new books and boardgames, to feel comfortable making large orders.

I more or less ordered an entire quarter's worth of product this week, and I'll try to pay it back by one/third a month. If it doesn't happen, at least I gave myself a chance -- and Summer will eventually arrive.

But I almost don't have anything else I feel I NEED to order -- which is an enormous luxury. And a goal that I spent most of my career trying to reach.

(Well, I could probably use some stand ups -- I'm out of John Wayne and Chewbacca and Johnny Depp.)

**********

3 comments:

H. Bruce Miller said...

"Dick Cheney needs a heart. For God's Sake give him a heart!"

Too late. Should've happened 50 years ago.

Anonymous said...

Give him a bleeding heart and he'd be just like ol Blackdog.

H. Bruce Miller said...

Better a bleeding heart than a blackened and shriveled one. Yes, I'm capable of human compassion. You think that's something to be ashamed of?