Thursday, January 13, 2011

Blogmass

Geez, I didn't even get a chance to comment on Ted Williams before he crashed and burned. What I wanted to say was, "A lifetime of woe will not be washed away by 9 minutes of fame..."

**********

Comic distributor Diamond has cut off shipments to Borders. At one point, Borders sold near 1/3rd of all manga books in the country. Hopefully, this won't hurt the publishers or Diamond too badly.

After all, these are MY publishers and distributor....

**********

Housing prices in Bend have now dropped to a 5.5 year low. Thus outlasting my advice to people a few years ago to "Wait a couple of years before buying a house."

Hey, these prices could still go down significantly. Forget the rest of the country. Focus. This is Bend.

**********

Interesting thing about the Stress Index rankings to me, is that Deschutes County, despite having a lower unemployment rate than Crook County, has nearly double the number of foreclosures, and more bankruptcies.

I suspect that Bendites were more likely to overextend.

**********

This is painful to say, but it's probably unfair for us to expect Rep. Gifford's to magically revert to what she once was. Like I said, The Damage Done. This isn't a T.V. movie.

Today comes news that only 10% of people even survive such a wound. And that she opened an "eye" not "eyes" with all that signifies....

**********

I KNEW I didn't want them sticking that thing into me!

"St. Charles: Colonoscope Not Fully Sanitized." KTVZ, 1/12/11.

**********

1 comment:

H. Bruce Miller said...

"Housing prices in Bend have now dropped to a 5.5 year low."

I would be willing to bet a significant amount of money that Bend home prices will NEVER rebound to pre-bust levels, when adjusted for inflation. It'll take a decade just to draw down the surplus inventory. And in America's New Third World Economy, people are not going to be giving up decent jobs to move here for the (supposedly) fabulous "lifestyle."