Thursday, January 6, 2011

Tron

Both Todd and Toby have been home this week, which is a rare alignment of stars -- especially with Toby being in Oklahoma these days.

Toby's natural habitat seems to be the kitchen; Todd played WOW a whole lot. Mostly we sat and talked and watched T.V.

Yesterday, Linda and I both got away from work long enough to see Tron with the two guys.. Sadly, the only time we could fit in was the non-3-D viewing, but it was still a fun movie.

Especially with the two boys. I came into Linda and their lives just a few months after this movie left the theaters. Those were the days of video game parlors -- in fact, I was managing one when I met them, along with my duties at the comic shop next door.

"We went to that movie, like, 17 times, " Toby said.

"And we paid for it at least 6 times," said Linda. (They were scofflaw little scamps before I entered their lives....)

Thing was, they were a little meercat unit when I came along, protective of each other, the boys rallying around their Mom, and their Mom protective of her brood.

I was so lucky they let me in.

1 comment:

Duncan McGeary said...

Linda wanted me to say, she didn't know they were sneaking in the theater...

But, I don't blame them -- they had no money at all those days.