Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Hey, buy both and I'll give you 10% off!

For a more complete analysis of Christmas sales, I'll break them down into categories.

But one thing I must say upfront. I felt the need to discount rather more than I prefer. What I found myself say over and over again, was: "If you buy more than one, I'll give you 10% off."

While 10% isn't much, it still drags on our profits and our inventory replacement.

Fortunately, sales were good enough that all bills were paid, and all inventory that needed to be replaced was replaced. So no harm done.

I just thought it was something that should be pointed out. If consumers spent more this Christmas -- and I don't know if my experience was universal -- they were also kind of demanding a bit of a price break before they pulled the trigger.

Last year, I think I stuck to my guns a bit more.

Next post: the particulars...

No comments: