Tuesday, February 2, 2010

One Million Dollars!

Maybe I'm all wet here, but the one million dollars spent by the Biking tourists just doesn't seem all that impressive.

Reminds me of Dr. Evil:

"Here's the plan. We get the warhead and we hold the world ransom for... ONE MILLION DOLLARS!"

Number Two: "Don't you think we should ask for *more* than a million dollars? A million dollars isn't exactly a lot of money these days. Virtucon alone makes over 9 billion dollars a year!"

DR. EVIL: "Really? That's a lot of money. "
[pause]

"Okay then, we hold the world ransom for...
One... Hundred... BILLION DOLLARS! "


By my reckoning, 2500 visitors would've spend 400.00 apiece. Since they averaged 3.6 nights each, that would seem to have mostly been spent on lodging.

I mean, it's better than nothing. And as they say, they may come back.

Still....

1 million doesn't knock me off my feet.

No comments: