Thursday, February 11, 2010

1 million dollars!! revisited.

So if I've got this right, we spent 23k on a study that tells us that this year was exactly like last year, (another 23K) when it comes to tourism.

So we've spent, say 46k on two studies? So we've spent 4.6% of the total 1 million spent by bikers to document that bikers spent money?

Question. How much did we spend in increased services? Police? Traffic control? etc. etc.

Not against events, mind you, just wondering....

Never mind, I'm still stunned by the 1 million figure. I think I was supposed to be impressed.

And I was....by how dinky it was.

POSTSCRIPT:

So am saying I'm against promotional events? Not at all. Just pointing out that they are often Emperor's Without Clothes.

But let me make it clear, I thoroughly enjoy parades with naked leaders. I think they should happen all the time. They are highly entertaining, depending on the physical attributes of the particular sovereign.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dunc, I mean Ned Flanders, I mean a man without balls'.

I love you but why do you always play this rhetoric fool game on your blog? Why do all the 'men' of Bend do this thing? This is why Clint Eastwood says that today USA man is a 'society of pussys'.

Ok, to answer your question, those who are not realtors or developers don't run this city. Those who are CPA's and collect HOA fee's run this city. Those that RUN consulting FIRMS run this city.

This city has been bilked for the past 10+ years from 1998 forward because good men like you ask rhetorical questions.

Ten's millions in the past ten years have been spent with borrowed money in order to keep the 100's of Bend consulting firms alive that feed at this city's trough.

Where would all these beautiful people go if the Bend city taxpayer didn't use their good-credit to feed them? Certainly the private sector would NEVER pay these BOZO's for these reports.

Where the FUCK is our HBM? Well his owner of the SORE a front for Sisters Builder's they're all part of the same racket, one only has run a state DBA to switzer or whatever his name to see that he owns dozens of false-fronts for companys that promote and sell Bend to tourism,...

Even you profit from this BULLSHIT.

Will anybody ever care? Hell no because WHOLE FUCKING city likes to be a 'stepford wife' in this town, and everybody makes money off these fucking tourists including you.

love, buster.

Duncan McGeary said...

I'm not "playing" the fool.

No....wait! Yes, I am! I mean....

Nevermind.