Thursday, February 25, 2010

Foddering

Just some newspaper fodder response today. What would I do without the Bulletin and the Source? I wouldn't be able to blog everyday, that's for sure.

"Aryans like John Day, but the feeling isn't mutual."

What caught my attention was the quote: "...it needs revitalization." Now I can't speak for John Dayan's, but I suspect the whole point of living in J.D. is to be left alone. Take your 'revitaliztion' and shove it, would seem the most likely response.

**********

"Facebook Data Center Critic Isn't Entirely Green Either."

This seems like a non-story to me. Is Facebook really threatened by Greenpeace? Does the Bulletin really need to do an advocacy 'article'?

I can't believe anything less than a very active local resistance would dissuade Facebook, and that doesn't seem likely.

Seems like something Fox News would do. Take the outlier, and give it equal weight to the consensus.

**********

"Sales of new homes hit a low in January."

"...the housing market should be doing better. Prices have fallen substantially in the past three years, mortgage rates are very low"..."and the government is giving all sorts of buyers a cash bonus. ("all sorts of buyers??)

"This should be an ideal time for people to buy"...."and yet they're hesitating."

Oh? I wonder why. Here's what I think:

The sucker pool has dried up.

Everyone else is broke.

Or scared.

Or canny enough realized they'll get houses even cheaper if they wait.

**********

All these local gas taxes.

Do these city officials really think they have a snowflakes chance in hell of passing?

**********

Tried reading The Source this week, but it was impenetrable.

3 comments:

RDC said...

"Seems like something Fox News would do. Take the outlier, and give it equal weight to the consensus."


Actually it seems the norm for just about all main stream media these days (not just fox news, MSnbc is probably even worse only from the other direction). Now that I think about it you can apply it to most Internet "news" sources as well.

Unknown said...

I remember a time when the source was relevant and had decent writing staff. Now they just mine the dregs of liberal arts graduates.

H. Bruce Miller said...

"I remember a time when the source was relevant and had decent writing staff."

When was that?