Sunday, April 7, 2013

Writing hard.

Me tired.

Worked on Nearly Human until 2:00 and woke and started again at 6:00.

Trying to get this done.  There's been some back and forth with the editor.  She has finished copyediting the whole book, so I'm integrating that with what I've done.

I made it through 22 chapters last night.  (With the help of some wine.)  Figure I cut about 7000 words, altogether.  I want to get through at least another 15 chapters this afternoon, and then send the fresh version to Lara in hopes that she'll see a couple more things to do.

I'm encouraged that she seems to think this is all worth doing -- that there is a real chance.  I don't expect it to be accepted because it's not strongly 'Horror', but I want to try and the possibility is getting me to work hard on it.  

Meanwhile, I'll keep working on it until Tuesday afternoon, as which time I'll send it to the publisher.

This is as intensive and concentrating a time at writing as I've ever had.

It's the deadline.  Trying to get it as good as possible by a deadline has made me really focus.

Of course, the result may end up being something like:

Writing Hard.  Me Tired.

No comments: