Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Ridiculously productive.

I continue to be ridiculously productive.

I've given in to my obsessive/compulsive tendencies and I'm writing as much as I want.  I won't even tell you how fast I'm writing Wolflander, because it's kind of embarrassing.

The only thing that seems to be limiting me is the hours in the day -- and an overall nagging sense that I should give myself a little breathing room to let the creative wellspring fill.

Who knows how long this will last?  I may have a ton of material done before I even start to try to market them.

I've worked out the process -- which I think was most of the battle.  I've found a rhythm that seems to maximize my creative urge.  I've removed artificial limits about how much I can and should write.  I've focused on the creative part and made it an internal process that is complete in and of itself.

I have a ton of creative energy -- which I spent 30 years lavishing on my store.  I don't think other people can see it when it's used on work, but when the words just keep flowing like this, it's pretty hard to hide. This blog has been a hint at how much energy I have for words -- I've always actually kind of held back.  Believe it or not.

Not saying it's immortal literature -- but I do think I'm getting better.  The focus is on a good story, that I hope people will enjoy.  In order to get there, I'm trying to tell myself a good story that I enjoy.

No shortage of ideas -- just of time, and physical energy.  Both of which I'm expending in perhaps ridiculous amounts. 

But I'm going to keep giving myself permission.

2 comments:

Duncan McGeary said...

This seems to be getting easier.

Don't laugh but I'm even typing faster. And my spelling is suddenly better. Weird.

But I am spending huge numbers of hours on it, so I guess that makes sense.

Duncan McGeary said...

I'm trying to avoid writing on "empty." I think I'm getting very close to the edge of that, but because of the way I'm doing it -- giving myself plenty of time to do it through the day and planning ahead, I've avoided it so far.