Friday, April 19, 2013

All the news in 6 hours --- or 2 minutes.

I'm on a writing trip, trying to push through the first draft of Wolflander. 

I got my quota of words written yesterday, barely, but then I got caught up in the news. 

I feel like I wasted 6 hours of my life, when all I had to do is turn on the computer and get the same news in 2 minutes this morning.  But that stuff is addicting -- and irritating.  I swear at one point I wanted to throw my shoe at the screen if one more reporter said, "We repeat. We don't know if this is related to Marathon bombings."  We get it.  We get it.

I wonder, a little, if we aren't just giving the message to the world that one guy on the loose can shut down America.  Then again, if this kind of things becomes old hat, we're in trouble.

So -- going to try real hard not to check the news or T.V. and get all of what happens in a two minute report when I'm done writing.

Sheesh.

2 comments:

Andy Z said...

Did you know that another author with local ties is writing a book about werewolves set in a Bend-ish town?

http://www.benjaminpercy.com/novels/red-moon/

Duncan McGeary said...

It's in the air.