Friday, March 16, 2012

Friday fuds.

There must be a "Pain of Death" injunction for Hunger Games, since I know they've already had a "premiere" and there have been no reviews. What are they afraid of?

But, like I said, I'm not going to speculate anymore.

It's not like I'm not going to go see it.

(O.K. they are starting to trickle out. Mostly positive.)

**********

Cash mobs? Descending on small businesses?

Eh.

Hey, good idea! I wonder who we could target? Let see...a small business, maybe in downtown Bend, selling nice things.

Who could we pick?

Someone who sells fun stuff, or good stuff (like books -- books are good, right?)

So.....who should we descend upon?

Ah, hem.

**********

When I finished my manuscript of I'M ONLY HUMAN, I still hadn't read about 5 chapters at writer's group. Since then, I've read 2 of those chapters, and they pretty much shredded them.

Methinks I've still got work to do.

**********

I have assembled a huge book order.

I've been very patient over the last 2.5 months, ordering only moderate amounts of books.

Almost all the books on the order are either books I have already sold before or books I'm pretty positive I can sell in the future. I always try to add a classic author, who I then keep in stock. This time, it's Saul Bellow, and adding to Dostoevsky.

Bringing in all the Terry Goodkind books, some more of the Patrick O'Brien books, and so on.

I think it's working.

No comments: