Sunday, November 7, 2010

Sunday sundries.

The Vole-ceraptor brought us another vole. Feeling sorry for the voles.

**********

One reason our government runs out of money. Got back an overpayment of: $1.24.

**********

A lot of dirt kicked up lately. Getting lots of hits about Tami Sawyer and Broken Top and such...
Curious folk, I guess. Reading my past blogs about the subject, they hold up pretty well.

**********

Was going to mow the lawn one last time on Saturday, but the battery was dead. Well....gosh darn. I was forced to watch the Ducks....poor me....

**********

Christmas is coming. The size of this morning's paper tells me so.

**********

I like this description of Cleopatra in a new book: a "fiery wisp of a girl." Gee....just like Elizabeth Taylor -- when she was ten years younger.

**********

Wouldn't the most green house you could build -- be the one you didn't?

**********

Linda was dressed all in green this morning: "It's not that easy being green.

When green is all there is to be
It could make you wonder why, but why wonder why
Wonder, I am green and it'll do fine, it's beautiful
And I think it's what I want to be."

I couldn't remember the tune, darn it.

**********

The heck with that. I'm giving you the whole song. I'm sure Kermit won't mind. Space is free, after all. Don't be stingy, baby. It's the kind of song that might just lift your morning.

It's not that easy being green
Having to spend each day the color of the leaves
When I think it could be nicer being red, or yellow or gold
Or something much more colorful like that

It's not easy being green
It seems you blend in with so many other ordinary things
And people tend to pass you over 'cause you're
Not standing out like flashy sparkles in the water
Or stars in the sky

But green's the color of Spring
And green can be cool and friendly-like
And green can be big like an ocean, or important
Like a mountain, or tall like a tree

When green is all there is to be
It could make you wonder why, but why wonder why
Wonder, I am green and it'll do fine, it's beautiful
And I think it's what I want to be

2 comments:

H. Bruce Miller said...

Kermit sings it for you:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51BQfPeSK8k

Anonymous said...

"Wouldn't the most green house you could build -- be the one you didn't?"

Totally agree with you.

I have said as much to people touting their new "green" home.

In one case it was a house with soaring ceiling and huge square footage, thereby almost canceling out the benefit of superior insulation, appliances, etc.

And yes, any time you build something big from scratch, you generate a lot of CO2.