Sunday, November 21, 2010

Stupid procrastination

I'm going to have to put in the air vent covers in the foundation of the house today. A ten minute job. Which I could have easily done when things were warmer and dryer. (There's snow on the ground, and the temps are supposed to drop below zero in the next few days...)

I also didn't get the lawns mowed that one last time, so the grass is going to be a little long for the winter. Now, I'm reading that longer grass is a bad thing to leave in freezing temps.

We have a whole bunch of handyman jobs that need to be done around the house -- and I'm no handyman. It's good to recognize your weaknesses, you know? I have a friend who will do the jobs for me in trade for his comics -- and because of the slowdown in work around here, I don't feel so bad about pulling him away from real, paying jobs.

We are finally getting our second couch back, that was being refurbished. We both liked these couches, and we decided it was better to get them reupholstered than to buy couches we didn't like so much.

They are a little less bulky than the couches we currently have. We're also getting rid of the massive coffee table. Linda went out an bought a couple of much more simple tables from the Amish store. Funny thing is, the one she picked for "her" couch is really tall, and she looks like Judge Judy when she's sitting behind it. I'm going to buy her a gavel for Christmas.

We never did get the wrap around sound system set up for our giant T.V. Procrastination stretching into never getting it done.

The futon mattress is on the floor, and I like it that way, but I have no place to put all the extra linens and blankets and pillows, so I'll probably be forced to make the futon frame.

As soon as I get around to it....

1 comment:

H. Bruce Miller said...

"Never put off until tomorrow what you can put off until the day after tomorrow." -- Mark Twain