Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving....grumble, grumble.

Being the ungrateful wretch I am, I thought I should point out the news item that Bend had the second worst drop in housing prices in the country in the third quarter.

Meanwhile, I didn't get my weekly shipment of comics yesterday, which means I won't get them until either Monday or Tuesday. Since these shipments represent about 70% of current sales, this is a bit painful.

Still, I keep a stocked store, so I'm not really that concerned. Nothing I can do about it anyway.

It used to send me up a wall. Every Holiday, we get this. I think it's because of 'temp' packers and 'temp' drivers and so on, and also because of the weather. But in both cases, there isn't a darn thing I can do about it.

So, what I'm grateful for, I think, is that I take these kinds of hits so much better than I used to. I've tried very hard to internalize the Stoic philosophy. Generally, when I walk out that door, I quit thinking about the store, which is healthy.

My life is so much better than I ever thought it would be, that a missed shipment of product shouldn't be allowed to affect my mood. It's just bizness.

Everyone have a great time this weekend, and don't forget us little shops downtown!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving Duncan! Hope you can take some time off and enjoy the day.

And Happy Thanksgiving to all the other poor saps who read Duncan's blog!