Monday, July 7, 2008

Gargoyle eyes.

Did some gardening, weeding yesterday. Came in and washed my hands. But just before bed, my right eye really started watering, which then makes my nose fill, and so on. Felt kind of scratchy.

Sometimes, a bit of sweat along with the cortaid creme I have to put on my forehead, causes that. But usually it goes away fairly fast.

This time it began to feel like I had a couple of rocks in there. Took a shower and rinsed my eyes.

Filled the sink and did it again.

About 3:00 in the morning I woke up with it almost completely swollen shut. Told Linda I might need to got to the emergency room, looked it up on the web; most answers were either long term, such as diabetes or glaucoma, and I was pretty sure this was either irritation or an allergic reaction.

I've only had this reaction once before, different, but similar, when I breathed in some sage.

Anyway, went back to bed hoping for the best. That was the worst point, apparently. Woke up with the eye still really swollen, but not hurting, and it seems to getting better.

One of the online health answers mentioned staring at a screen too long, so in the off chance THAT'S it, I'm going to be visiting here a bit less today. I have to go to work, even though I've got gargoyle eyes (which make me look about 80 years old.)

Later.

1 comment:

Viking Troutslapper said...

Sounds like you scratched your cornea.