Sunday, May 12, 2019

So far, improvement.

Wrote half of chapter 5 after puzzling over it almost all day. I think it's much more personal and involving that what I had before, even though I'm not trying for action. The second half of the chapter will be all action.

I figure after this chapter, I probably have one more original chapter before I transition into the plot as written. I will be turning all POV's other than Hart Davis, the protagonist, into 3rd person. But other than that, it's simply a matter of adapting.

I think this is going to work. By the time I'm done, I figure about the first tenth of the novel will be all new material. The rest will be as originally done, if rearranged and rewritten.

It's coming together well, I think. Turning into a real book instead of an experiment.



I've also thought of a way to maybe change the POV to Hart Davis on a couple of other chapters. Originally, I had a few chapters that got into the politics, and some of them I don't think are all that necessary.

I'm just taking it a step at a time, I guess. So far, improvement.



I've now walked 16 days in a row. I want to keep that streak going.



Weeded by moonlight tonight. Turns out to be a really good way to do it. I'm pretty sure I got 90% of it, so will fine-tune it tomorrow. So one more patch of garden that needs to weeded and edged, and then it's just a matter of keeping up.

No comments: