Tuesday, May 28, 2019

Reading "Eden's Return" was interesting. I set this aside quite awhile ago, thinking it needed to be beefed up, maybe a bit of philosophical underpinnings.

As it turned out, it's fine the way it is. Really, beefing it up would be a mistake.

I decided not to explain the metaphysical underpinnings. That would undo the whole story. The love story and the plot are much more subtle and elliptical than I usual try to do. I liked it. A gentle story that is nevertheless a full-on adventure. A romance based on meditation and Tao. (Or my meager understanding of...)

Just a nice, complete story. Contained in a simple plot.

Something different.



Well, I sent off "Eden's Return."

I liked it. I think it needed a light touch, so I stayed away from rewriting it. Maybe I'm just fooling myself, but I often think my first draft is my best draft. In this case, I think it's true.


No comments: