Friday, February 8, 2013

Nearly done.

Linda is off in Portland for three days to visit Todd, so I'm going to focus on finishing the book.  I'm may not get all the way there, but close.

Wrote a couple of what I term "procedural" chapters yesterday, that is, taking care of business chapters, advance the plot's nuts and bolts chapters. 

Not every chapter can or should be high drama. 

It is actually harder to write the quiet moments.  The matter of fact moments.  The progressing from point T to point V, say.  Setting up the big X,Y, Z chapters.

I always have more doubts as I approach the end.  Up until then I can daydream about it.  But when it starts to become more real, all the warts and blemishes begin to grow bigger, somehow.

It's a constant struggle between the original vision and the actual results.  It's probably never going to be as good as the original vision, but never as bad as my fears.

Write through the fears.

No comments: