Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Wonderfully casual day.

Met the New Year with my cat, Panga, hiding under my futon at my feet because of the loud noises.  Linda was already asleep.  I avoided alcohol because I'm working Wednesday and Thursday.

We went to see Les Miserables in the morning -- you know what a tearjerker is?  A movie that jerks tears out of you.  I keep thinking one of these days that I'm going to stuff my pocket with Kleenex and whip it out like a hero when Linda starts sobbing.  She was crying about 5 minutes into the movie.  Oh, oh.

My eyes kept watering the whole movie -- especially at the end.  Must have been some irritant in the air... Ate some pizza at Papa's pizza -- out of nostalgia for the once a week pizza fest that Dad and us used to go to.  We informed them about Dad, and they said, "we figured." 

Went shopping for a couple of belts, and shampoo.  Meery Cristmassss.

Watched a couple of episodes of Homeland -- "oh, I can't believe they went there..."

Dreamed all night of elegant solutions to all the problems in my book -- woke up this morning not remembering any of them...


1 comment:

Shawna said...

I loved Les Mis! Saw it with my family and we had the same reaction - tears in our eyes the entire movie. Glad you enjoyed it!