Monday, January 14, 2013

Gold Globs.

The way to watch the Gold Globs is to dvr it.  Takes half the time.

The show succeeded in making me want to watch Silver Linings Playbook, and reinterested in watching Life of Pi.  And regret missing Moonrise Kingdom.

If I go to Zero Dark Thirty, like I intend, that will be about 10 films I've seen that are still in the theaters.  A modern record.  (Was a time when I saw every movie -- what can I say, I was a lonely guy, read tons of books too.)

Oh, and what's the point of coming out, if you don't really come out?  Jodie?  Yes, she was pretty eloquent, but that was a little weird. 


Django Unchained was great fun.  As I mentioned on twitter I was envious of the 'beard.'  That was one great beard.

Watching it and then watching Downton Abbey was interesting.  I kept thinking -- "economic slaves."
The story line of having to settle for a smaller place -- which was a palace -- made the whole thing kind of ridiculous.  I'm so over Downton Abbey.  I'll watch it, but I'm kind of doubting the whole premise.

The Good Wife, on the other hand, just gets better and better.  They have this side character, a sort of ditzy lawyer who they turn to when they need to be defended by a lawyer, who is the best character on T.V.  She needs a spin off.  At first you think the ditzyness is an act, to make people underestimate her -- then you realize she really is very strange -- but people underestimate her.   She's a killer lawyer.

Great stuff.








1 comment:

Unknown said...

I told people all last year that while I had fun watching The Avengers, the only movie that made me elated when I left it was Moonrise Kingdom. And I haven't seen Life of Pi yet, but everything I've read has got me excited for it though sadly I won't see it in 3D because it isn't available here. I hear it is how 3D is meant to be, and that it is Ang Lee's return to form. Both The Globes and Oscars have left me with a bad taste in my mouth the last few years, but this year looks like some good films made the list. Still sorry to see Leo get snubbed as best supporting actor because his part in Django is about the best thing he's done since Basketball Diaries or Gilbert Grape.