Thursday, January 10, 2013

Just what the world needs -- another vampire story.

***I wrote this several days ago, but it's still valid, so I'm posting it.


I keep saying there is no hurry publishing my books.

By that, I mean that I should get them as ready and as good as possible.

But there is a hurry in the sense that it's a huge distraction from the real job of writing.  That's really why I was hoping to get so much accomplished by January 1.  I wasn't going to be able to write while the holidays were happening anyway.

That didn't turn out to be realistic, (my tech helpers wanted to celebrate the holidays, the selfish bastards...) so now I'm really feeling torn.  I want to immerse myself in fiction, but I'm a little afraid of getting started if I'm going to get pulled away all the time.

Scheduling hours was never the real problem.  Clearing away all the distractions was.  If I could schedule 4 hours a day writing and 8 hours a day working and 8 hours a day sleeping and 4 hours a day doing all the life stuff, I would have done that years ago.

No, I need the whole open horizon to really create, not this dragging down of shit like formatting and cover art and all the rest.  I mean, I've enjoyed some of it, but damn it I want it done!

So I'm feeling like so much is unfinished, and I can only ask so much of other people.  I'm ready to say, screw it, I'll just write some more.  Deal with the rest later.

But I need to at least get the three books online, first.

I'm also trying to do Star Axe, Snowcastles and Icetowers online in some form, but I think I'll tell Aaron that can wait.  Get the three unpublished books done first.

 Then back to writing.  Then sometime in the near future, go ahead and get the rest ready.

Meanwhile, I've got my little vampire story, which I'm thinking I'll just throw up on my blog.

Just what the world needs, another vampire story...

But the creative mind writes what the creative mind wants to write...

No comments: