Friday, January 18, 2013

Back to the mainstream.

I'm innocently perusing Reddit when I click a GIF.  It's a chainsaw decapitating a prisoner.

Ouch.  I'm so disbelieving I see it twice.

That's it.  I'm not going back there.  Only curated sites from now on.  Screw that.

I've avoided all these types of things -- terrorist beheadings and such.  I mean, really, screw that.

So I'm a little pissed at how somebody could slip something in like that -- I probably thought I was clicking a cute cat picture or something.

So why would someone do that?  The poster called himself "Stop the Drug War" so he probably thought he was forcing us to face up to the costs.  But really, he's a terrorist himself.  I don't need to see more pictures of the holocaust to be against the holocaust.  I stopped looking at them 30 years ago, but they are still indelible in my mind.   Screw that.

Back to the mainstream.

3 comments:

Duncan McGeary said...

If they can't police themselves, then these open sites are just not worth the risk.

Screw that.

Anonymous said...

I can't believe you watched it twice. I watched it once and got sick.

Duncan McGeary said...

I thought it was fake the first time.