Monday, January 7, 2008

West side traffic. Seems to me the problem is correcting itself as we speak. Has it even occurred to them that growth may not happen? Leave it go.

So they had to close Mount Washington Drive because of accidents. Let's see; I want to pick a street where I'm most likely to find a high percentage of newcomers in huge S.U.V.'s. Which street would I pick?

Is it just my imagination, or are there a lot fewer passengers waiting for BAT? I never see anyone waiting by the Forums Center, anymore. Sure the weather is foul, but that should be part of the cost vs effectiveness ratio, right?

Seems like a bunch of retail buildings that up to now were "For Lease," are suddenly "For Sale or Lease." Which makes them much less attractive from the lease standpoint. (New owner wants your space for his own business....you're in trouble.)

We are entering a new retail phase in Bend. Christmas is like a gravitational force to warps all results. The next 6 months are going to tell the real story. My own instincts, in spite of what the experts are saying, is this will be a wet, snowy, cold winter, just like the ones we used to know. Five or so years like this would really change some thinking. And people will have to slog through the snow to get to us.

Dammit, we need more restaurants downtown! And how come women can't find anyplace to get clothing? (There's only one handbag/purse store. Shameful.) Just noticed an "olive" store. An Olive Store? Come on, that's just too general. I think it should be either a black olive or a green olive, pitted or unpitted.

Treefort is open. They have really cute 'ugly' dolls in the window. Those may turn out to be their best-selling item....

I looked into windows this Sunday. All these stores look so sparse to me. But then my store is way too full. Still, as a customer mentioned, "The less product they have, the more expensive they are likely to be."

I love all the macho accouterments to the men's salon. Motorcycle in the window? PHrroooommmm...

1 comment:

IHateToBurstYourBubble said...

I love all the macho accouterments to the men's salon. Motorcycle in the window?

Please, just put life-like wax figures of the Village People in the window. Any dude who goes to have a manicure, he gonna like the Village People.