Saturday, September 19, 2015

Inside, not outside.

I think it's time to detach a little from online book stuff. It's more a distraction now, than helpful.

Time to get back to pure writing, without regard to results.

I'll never have another year like I did during the "miracle year." I'm still extremely prolific, but that year was spent alone, with no encouragement except from Linda, and just about writing and nothing but writing.

It's hard, because you do want people to read your books. But knowing whether people are reading or aren't reading doesn't effect the quality of the books.

The book is the only thing that counts.

So anyway, I think maybe I'm going to take a couple steps back.  I find it is the "news" about writing that is most distracting -- what Amazon is up to, what the Big Five are doing, what other authors are doing, and so on and so forth.

I know, I know. People are always saying they are going to break away.  Well, I'm not going to stop my blog and I'm not going to stop checking Facebook. But anything to do with books will probably be passed over.

I know that sounds a little strange, but I've run into that before.  I used to subscribe to the trade publications, and I found that the more I knew, the more likely I was to be discouraged.

So...back to writing. Inside, not outside.

No comments: