Wednesday, April 4, 2012

March, 2012 results.

We beat last March by 23%, which matches the increase we've had of around 20% per month since last September (except January, which I blame on the weather.)

So that's 9 months in a row over last year. As I say, I'll be really impressed when we get to the 13th month, which would mean we're increasing over an increase.

Comics and graphic novels were up a solid 10%.

Sports cards were up slightly.

Card games were up around 30%.

Boardgames and RPG's were up a full 40%, which is pretty interesting.

Books were up 33%. (My new cash register button tells me that used books are 20% of book sales, which I still find a surprise. I would've guessed much higher.)

Toys were up double, which is encouraging because that's where much of this year's efforts have gone.

Graphic novels by themselves were about the same.

But every category was up, at least a little.

April and May are traditionally slow months for me, so I'll be interested to see if we can keep up the increase. I know we could if I went crazy spending, but I'm going to moderate slightly, so we'll see.

1 comment:

Duncan McGeary said...

Obviously, my ventures into new books and boardgames have made all the difference.