Monday, April 9, 2012

Disrupting routines is becoming routine.

I have no illusions about writing. No illusions about the chances of success.

Or maybe I have illusions about not having illusions.

H. Bruce comments that maybe I should do more writing, and less writing about writing.
I'm sorry, but for me those things go together. Writing is writing. Writing about writing is motivating and helps my thought process. Doing it aloud commits me to following through.

Repeating words just to repeat them is fun.

Sorry about that.

**********

I really do like my privacy and my little routines. Last week we had family in town during all my off days. This week we've been dealing with my Dad's health issues. Linda has stayed home because of her back. As a result I haven't had a full day to myself to ruminate for weeks now.

I'd get used to it eventually, if this became the new routine. But for now, it's been kind of tiring. Too much people.

Doing routines has to be routine or it isn't routine.

**********

See what I did there? Or was there anything there to see?

Just being annoying.

5 comments:

H. Bruce Miller said...

"Sorry about that."

No apology needed. I'm just thinking that maybe you're over-thinking this. Running the risk of losing spontaneity. Friendly advice; take it or leave it as you please.

Bend Economy Man said...

Dunc I agree with you - writing is writing. Writing about writing is writing. And here I am, writing about writing about writing. And guess what? This is writing.

Hasn't anyone seen Adaptation?

Duncan McGeary said...

No. I'm afraid it will mess with my mind, man.

Duncan McGeary said...

And I like to see your writing BEM, even if it's just writing about my writing about my writing....

Duncan McGeary said...

"risk of losing spontaneity."

I've taken 5 weeks off, and it looks like it will be more than that because Linda has just started her critiquing the book.

So...I'm more in danger of losing my edge than in burnout, and this thinking is a way to get my head back into it.