Friday, July 2, 2010

Frankly, my dear. I don't give a hoot.


By happenstance, I watched the first Twilight movie three nights ago, the second in the series two nights ago, and the new one last night; all for the first time. So I'm coming at this completely fresh.

WARNING: Minor spoilers.

First of all, all three movies had entire segments that made me squirm for all the longing gazes and delayed gratification. Sheesh.

Secondly, I believe that either Jake or Edward or both of these smucks should properly at the end of the series turn to ol' Scarlett O'Bella and say, "Frankly, my dear. I don't give a damn."

The movie theater was packed: I realized afterwards that the movie just opened. Of course, I had the talkiest, noisiest three women in the theater behind me, cackling and hooting, and after awhile, I decided they were right to cackle and hoot: I smacked my head a few times after Scarlett O'Bella decided that she just had to, no she really shouldn't, but she couldn't help herself, but she really loves Edward more, give Jake a lustful kiss that left her swooning.

Doh!

Still, after selling the books and trying to sell the graphic novel (HALF PRICE!), I'm glad to finally discover what the fuss is all about.

Poor teenage girls. Such drama. Such turmoil. Such angst!

No comments: