Sunday, April 25, 2010

Ups and downs.

I'm sure there is a program out there that measures and quantifies volatility in sales. And probably some theories to make sense of it.

But I don't really need them to see what's happening.

We keep seeing days that are a third, or half, or even a quarter of the target average -- which are interspersed with the occasional day that is double or even triple the average. Right now, we are Right At the target average, overall.

What does it mean?

I may be kidding myself, but I think it means that my store has the material and the longevity to be pulling in folks on an irregular basis who then buy lots of stuff.

Whereas, the average local and or tourist customer is either visiting less often or spending less.

At least, that's my guess.

I'd much prefer a strong steady average, but I guess as long as we keep hitting our targets, we're O.K.

Summer is coming.

No comments: