Saturday, April 10, 2010

March results.

Pretty much forgot to do this.

Pegasus was up in sales 14% from last year in March.

Which sounds great. Except about 10% was due to a my biggest shelf holder coming in an clearing a tardy shelf.

More like a 4% increase. Was noticing too, that I had miscalculated (by not including some of last years sales) a little bit on January and February, so that the increases were more like 4% than the 8% I originally reported.

Still, counting March, we have beaten the previous year 7 months in a row.

Not by much, but there it is.

I think that string is coming to an end both this month and next month.

This month because I've just had a really, really crappy week in sales, that I don't think I can make up. So April will probably be an 'outlier' on the downside. (I do blame the weather shifts -- it's the change in weather that causes pauses in shopping behavior, and it seems like the last month or so has been nothing BUT changes in weather....)

Next month because May was so big that it is probably is an 'outlier' on the upside.

It's still possible we could beat last year in either month, but not looking good at the moment.

Considering that last year really was the low point, sales haven't exactly been booming. Still, I seem to be keeping even; I think the about 5% increase just about covers my employees.

Tally ho, steady on.

No comments: