Tuesday, April 20, 2010

How much is the Iron Man head in the window?

Guy was asking about the brass Iron Man head, "But then I'd wonder where the rest of my suit was..."

"No," I said. "You just wear a bathrobe. Any mask looks good with a bathrobe. Just looks like you're off duty..."

I used to wear a purple "smoking jacket" with my big dragon head at Halloween, with a pipe.

**********

Linda and I went for a drive, and I could feel my beard blowing in the wind. You know your beard is long when you can feel it blowing in the wind.

I find myself stroking the beard at stoplights and such.

The beard's looking biblical, I tell you.

**********

The combined sales on Thurs, Fri., and Sat last week were more than the combined sales of 13 of the previous 14 days.

Needless to say, it brought my average up.

Still, I would prefer to have a solid middle average than these wild up and down swings, even if the average comes out the same. Too much chance that I'll get 11 out of the 13 bad days, and only 1 of the 3 good days, you know?

We now have a realistic chance continuing our year to year increases into the 8th month.

**********

Went to see Kick-Ass yesterday, and it was nowhere near as violent as I expected. But then, after that final episode of Spartacus ("Kill Them All") maybe my tolerance is pretty deep.

I enjoyed it. It was slightly different from the graphic novel, but like most of the good adaptations of the graphic novels, Watchmen, V for Vendetta, Road to Perdition, History of Violence,300, etc. the changes are mostly for the better.

It's two different mediums, after all.

Looking forward to the Scott Pilgrim movie, too. Finally read the first graphic novel and thought it a hoot, though definitely from a different generation's viewpoint.

Again, how can graphic novels be read so little, and so many movies be made from them?

I've sold, what, 10 Scott Pilgrims in the last few years?

There will be thousands of local residents who will see the movie. Ditto Kick-Ass.

A bit frustrating, though I've come to realize that isn't likely to change no matter how many movies are made from graphic novels....

No comments: