Thursday, June 18, 2009

3 beer wimp

My sister Sue and her family are in town, and we went to Staccato's last night. Now This is a once a year event, for Linda and me, if that. I know, I always talk about how we're not foodies, but, man, oh man, we sure enjoy the meals when we get them.

Halfway through the meal, my nephew dumped an entire glass of iced soda in my lap. So I'm hooping and hollering and laughing until I notice the Nicholas is mortified. I spend the next ten minutes trying to mollify him, hey, Nick, don't worry about it ! You know accidents happen! It will seem funny later!

Nothing worked until I took some of the ice and stuffed it down the back of his shirt. Looked up to see both Sue and Claus beaming, and giving me the thumbs up.

"This isn't the end of it, kiddoe," I said. "Someday -- someday when you have forgotten this, and you are least expecting it -- I'm going to GET you."

As we left, I pointed my finger at him again. "Someday, buster.....watchout."

Anyway, for only the second time since Christmas, I drank some beer. 3 Mirror Pond Ales. Came home and laid on the bed at 9:00 at night, and was out.....

This from someone who never, ever goes to bed before midnight.

Just can't hold my liqueur anymore.

1 comment:

Wes said...

Hi Dunc,

Please give my best to Susie. I think the last time I saw her she was a freshman in High School, so you can tell her that in Albany, she's still looks like she's 15.