Friday, January 2, 2009

Bit by the Blogging Bug.

My wife has been bit by the blogging bug. "I can't believe how charged up I am!"
I find her hunched over her laptop every morning, composing another message. People are contacting her from far away, and suddenly she realizes how much fun I've been having for the last couple of years.

I have friends who I KNOW, KNOW, KNOW, would enjoy blogging. One is an inveterate gossip, and he's constantly going on about the same things I see every day on the bubble blogs.

Another is a writer, who now seems almost jealous of us. Easy solution: start writing a blog.

In both cases, there is an almost reflexive rejection of blogging.

I know I'm an accidental blogger. Not normally an 'early' adopter at all. But the housing bubble in Bend was so outrageous that I started looking for places to vent. I found BEM's site first, then BB2.

I made a joke, that I've been using for years, about having "The Best Minimum Wage Job a Middle Aged Guy Ever Had". "In fact, I think I'll start a blog with that title!" Luckily, Blogger is easy to start up (at least in the 'plain' form.)

Turns out, I started my blog only a week or two after BB2. I started earlier than such massive blogs as Calculated Risk.

I know that there are people who have been blogging -- or something that looks like blogging -- for years.

But this has become a bigger part of my life than I could've ever expected.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Now we just need to get you as excited about twitter! ;-)

Anonymous said...

Interesting commentary about the web and the future of media. Nothing new but some good insider anecdotes.

http://www.oftwominds.com/blog.html

Owen said...

I just started blogging and I love it! It really is a wonderful tool, and the fact that it is free rocks! You can visit my blog at http://handmademugs.blogspot.com/

Olde Dame Penniwig said...

You ought to put a link to your wife's new blog on your sidebar. Oh, don't worry, you don't need to put any nice graphic up as the clickable link -- you can just have it plain. *sigh*