Friday, January 11, 2008

Rather spare activity on the bloggin front, these days. Not sure what that signifies.

My own expectations for sales at Pegasus are pretty low. I decided that anything within 10% of last year would be acceptable. But that was before I started spending again. If I spend the way I did last week, I'm going to want to at least match last years sales.

After getting carried away ordering new books last week, I decided that it didn't make sense to neglect the rest of the store, so I reordered games, graphic novels. I'm back to being "fully" stocked.

What with all the bad weather, and especially with delayed shipments (almost every order since the week before Christmas has been late between 3 days and a week, which kind of hurts, especially when customers have been told that something is going to show up, even when I tell the customers that weather and holidays may delay....), I feel my sales are pretty good. Only one really horrible day.

So I got 3/4ths the new book shipment in yesterday. I put all the young adult books into their own bookshelf, to make room, and.....pooof!....the books just seemed to fade in the woodwork. It always amazes me how you can get 3 huge boxes of books, file them away, and they seem to disappear. There is, obviously, a cumulative effect, but it's never as dramatic as I'd wish.

I've figured out how the make the space changes in the store in 4 stages. The first two stages I can pretty much do myself, the last 2 changes I'll need a bunch of help. There is no real urgency, but it would be nice to get it all done by Spring Break, which gives me about 8 weeks. So, one stage every other Sunday, ought to get me there. Depending on the availability of shelves.

No comments: