Sunday, August 12, 2007

Saw STARDUST today. I didn't read the book. A strange omission in my Neil Gaiman reading. It seems like very few people realize that it started off as an 'illustrated' (by the nifty Charles Vess) novel.

It was fun. As I've heard it described, 'a slightly less clever Princess Bride with better special effects' which is pretty close to right on.

Meanwhile, from the coming attractions, it seems as though they are making every fantasy ever written. I expect to hear from Hollywood any day now. I figure Star Axe and Snowcastles and Icetowers have to be in the top 10,000 fantasies of the last 30 years, right? There've been that many, right? Somewhere out there is a 40 year old producer that loved Star Axe when he was 12 years old....

1 comment:

Jason said...

"Saw STARDUST today. I didn't read the book."

I have yet to read it myself, though Ariel swears it's well worth doing. Not sure if she has a copy, or if she was just borrowing it from one of her friends.

"I expect to hear from Hollywood any day now. I figure Star Axe and Snowcastles and Icetowers have to be in the top 10,000 fantasies of the last 30 years, right?"

Are those hard to find these days? I've always meant to read them, ever since my creative writing teacher in high school mentioned you'd written some books.