Wednesday, August 15, 2007

The Microwave Martians have got me. They've been shooting Lethargy Beams into the Lassitude center of my brain. I tried to get my wife to make me an aluminum helmet, because I couldn't stir myself to go down the hallway, but she went out for walk with a friend, who asked me if I wanted to go with them but I explained about the Microwave Martians, and for some reason she rolled her eyes and walked away.

Hmmmmm.


What was I saying? Oh yeah. Went to work, and sat at the desk and watched Patrick deal with the customers. Offered him a raise to 10.00 an hour for the rest of the summer since he wasn't going to be manager after all.

"You already pay me 10.00 an hour."

"Oh.....well the thought was good."

I think without the sheer terror of opening another store, the Martians are able to penetrate. I feel like a rag doll.

Hmmmmmmmm.


I'm going to go take a nap. They can't get me while I'm sleeping.

Hey, maybe I'll run for mayor. If the Martians will let me.

O.K. I asked. I'm too valuable as a test subject. Besides, they tell me I'm way too weird.

2 comments:

IHateToBurstYourBubble said...

Regarding that lease...

I was talking to the guys who lease that place behind 7-11 right when it was opening. (Prudential ultimately went in there)

Oh my God. The terms were so onerous that the leasing agent was actually visibly embarrassed to present the lease to me. I had to pay something like $250 to even SPEAK to the landlord, even if the building was on fire. Even if the landlord was ultimately at fault, I had to pay to talk to him about anything, plus I had to pay for ALL repairs, and indemnify him against damage that he PURPOSEFULLY caused. Yeah... that was in there. He could walk in, set the store on fire, walk out & I would pay.

Unbelievable waste of time.

Keeneye said...

Sooooooooo......

What kind of Kool-Aid are you drinking tonight, DM?

red?green?BLUE?

Here. Take a sip of this -- it will help.

It's called "Nyquil".
G'night.