Saturday, June 5, 2021

The 80s, 90s, and 00s were one long blur of work.

Liz Phair has a new album out and I've listened to some tracks and really like it. I realize I've never listened to "Exile from Guyville," so track it down.

Some I'm a 68 year old guy listening to a truly great album for the first time.

This keeps happening now that I'm semi-retired. I finally have time. 

What it makes me realize is that the 80s, 90s, OOs, were one long blur of work. I didn't have time for much of anything, including reading, certainly not the time and listen to an album straight through. I came home and crashed on the couch and if I was lucky I found something good on TV,

So they always talk about a "second childhood" but I keep thinking I'm having a second "teenagehood." 'Cause that's what I did in my teens--lay in the dark in my room and listen to albums, over and over, absorbing them.

I was lucky enough to get away from fulltime work when I was 59, and I went on a writing spree. But I also found the time to discover some music, books, and movies that I just didn't have time for before. 

What a life.

No comments: