Tuesday, June 15, 2021

My talk with Mayor Russell.

Had a fairly long talk with Mayor Russell yesterday. Her main point was that I needed to keep an open mind to the possibilities, to which I answered I thought that ingenuous--as if to say, by being opposed I was automatically unwilling to listen to reason. I mean, it's a reasonable stance for her to take, but I've done enough research and had enough experience downtown to come to a conclusion.

The one thing that seems to really open her eyes was when I told her how well I was doing, even compared to a few years ago. "Downtown is killing it," I insisted. "You can see why I don't want to change things."

Got asked to go on TV again, but this time declined. Tom at Dudley's seems to be taking the lead right now, getting his customers to email the council, though I fear that he's taking the DBBA's assurances that they're backing off a little too seriously.

Anyway, good for Sally Russell and Andrew Broadman for willing to talk to me about it.

I hope they come to the right decision.

 

No comments: