Saturday, June 12, 2021

Project delayed.

Apparently, they've delayed the project to turn Minnesota into a pedestrian mall. This is good news--but I'm not sure I totally trust it. I think they'll be back when the furor dies down. Lots of big plans for downtown...most of which seem unrealistic to me, but most of which will probably happen after I'm no longer a downtowner. 

Anyway, success? I'm a little surprised we were able to stop it.

 "After the feedback from our stakeholders on Friday morning, I have been directed by the DBBA board to create a presentation for the City Council that recommends extensive R&D before taking any action on Minnesota Ave, but immediate progress towards restrooms in downtown (on their own)." 

I think this will be framed as a failure in communication. Instead of, the plan sucked. 


No comments: