Saturday, May 19, 2012

The future is now.

Cameron got an acting gig this week, so I had to work Tuesday. Oh, my gosh. A whole nother day of work.

It was interesting, because I found that I was busy all day. I'm already really busy on the other days I work, because I'm not able to pace the work. It just sort of falls on my head, like a ton of bricks.

Which is actually O.K., because I like being busy when I'm at work.

Anyway, it showed me that there is still plenty to do. It was extra stuff, like cleaning and sorting and restocking. Rearranging. Taking some extra time on some orders.

Because Linda's 4.5 years older than me, we're looking at retirement issues sooner rather than later. Personally, I have no intention of quitting. I really enjoy the store these days, it is finally working the way I'd always hoped it would, it's bringing in an income, and I have enough time off to enjoy myself.

I think this model really works for me, even into an age that normally I might be looking to retire. I'm thinking I can have my cake and eat it too.

Of course, a lot can change in 5 years, but I feel like I will be able to adapt.

What I'm trying to say is -- I'm trying to relax. Not put everything off into the future. Keep the store's momentum, but try not to throw it into chaos. Quit worrying.

Linda has always had this capability, and I'm trying to learn.

No comments: