Sunday, May 6, 2012

Daily paces.

I've decided to keep track of my daily paces.

The goal is to average 10,000 paces a day.

So far, it turns out that on a couch-potato day off, I don't get much past about 3500 steps. On a medium day of doing errands and such, I get to about 6000.

On Wednesday at work, with the new product arriving, I reached 10,000.

On Thursday, without new product, I reached 8000.

Does that mean I work 20% more on Wednesdays? I can tell you, it feels like that. I mean, on Thursday I did a bunch of cleaning and vacuuming and stocking, but I still came in at 2000 less paces.

I didn't sit down at all on Wednesday, and for a very short period of time on Thursday. I've purposely not put a chair that would allow me to sit at my computer, cause I think standing is good for me. So I stand all day, and my guess is that I'm making constant steps in small doses.

So my goal will be to look at the step count after dinner, and go for a walk to reach 10,000.

Pretty modest goal, actually. Inconvenient, but necessary.

3 comments:

Martha said...

If you're going to be standing all day, make sure you have a cushioned mat to stand on. Your body will thank you for it.

Anonymous said...

Count your breath.

Measure and weigh your excrement.

Keep track of all your dimensions. On an hourly basis.

Hell you might even generate enough daily data to justify a daily blog.

Duncan McGeary said...

post all comments...